Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I’ve been back from South Africa for a little over a week and have been adjusting to life back in MN. It’s crazy that even though I was only gone for a month, it seems so weird to be back. It’s been good though and I’m excited for what God has in store for this year.
I’ll write a more specifics about my trip another time but for now, here’s a small list of some things I learned/ was reminded of over the course of the month.
·         God doesn’t always call me to do what I WANT to do- ministry doesn’t always look like what I expect it to
·         The importance of community and honoring each other and how that impacts so many things
·         The number of seatbelts in a vehicle is only a suggestion for how many people can actually fit
·         The importance of being real
·         God is so much bigger than I’ve made Him out to be
·         McDonalds always tastes the same- no matter where you go
·         What a genuine relationship and intimacy with the Lord looks like
·         The power and reality of the Holy Spirit
·         The importance of treating people with JUSTICE rather than CHARITY
·         The Lord delights in me
·         How to make a LASTING impact by helping people help themselves
·         The importance of surrendering expectations and being open to be used in ways I don’t understand
·         Laughter is the best medicine J
·         God still speaks and wants me to live each day in tune with the Holy Spirit
·         Being aware of simple things that can be a distraction from purposeful living
·         There are endless opportunities to serve the Lord WHEREVER I go

….. this is only a fraction of what I learned. Each of those has a story behind it and I could probably go on forever. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment