Monday, September 5, 2011


Today I can’t stop thinking about a sweet little face that has been engraved in my mind from my time in Johannesburg. While visiting one of the orphanages, I spent most of my time with a precious little boy that I will never forget. I’ll never forget his big smile as he repeated after me, “Jesus… loves… me…. Jesus loves me!” I keep thinking about him… about his future… where he’ll end up someday… if he’ll ever be able to fully trust that Someone loves him more than he knows. I don’t know his story of how he ended up there but God knows. God knows his past, He knows what that sweet boy is doing right now, He knows where he’ll be ten years from now. If I could’ve taken him back with me, I would’ve done it in a heartbeat. For now I want to be a prayer warrior for that little one that instantly captured my heart and that God would be working in the hearts of whoever will choose to be his forever family. God has a plan for that boy that he created to be His child. God places the lonely in families (Psalm 68:6) and I know that he is preparing something for that sweet little boy. I can take comfort in knowing that our God’s heart is to show his precious children love and I’m confident that He already has a perfect plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment